Thursday, October 26, 2023

RIP Bruce Alsobrook

 I knew Bruce when I was in Sulphur Springs, at the News-Telegram. He had moved from being the editor there at one time to "Country World," a weekly ag magazine. After he was let go, I was moved into his spot AS WELL AS expected to still contribute stuff for the daily paper, per the shitheads at Southern Newspapers, for whom I will not work. (I guess nobody at the paper edited his obit, as it says "Town and Country" magazine.)

Bruce, from what I had heard from people who were there before me, was a good editor of writers for style and content, and presumably a good assignment editor. But, man, was he slothful. That's why he was let go. (And the cheap-asses at Southern made me their rented mule.)

He was a good person, as was his wife and family. He was in less than the best of health five years ago, as was his wife, who died last year.

No comments: