Thursday, May 13, 2021

Dear TPA: Was there nobody local?

 I recently saw this year's Texas Press Association directory.

I noticed two things when I turned to page 1.

First is that they got a Texas Parks and Wildlife staff photog to do the cover picture. I looked back and see that it's been at least three years now since TPA's been doing that, and abandoning the old cover photo contest among member newspaper staff.

I stopped entering it after whoever the judges were chose a picture of an OK but not great sunset with a silhouetted Prick of Huntsville (you know what I mean, Texans) in the foreground. (I had entered a picture from a recent Big Bend vacation that year.)

Second, I noticed this year's directory was printed by a company headquartered in ...

(drumroll)

(dramatic drumroll)

Ontario, Calfornia!

OMG, the TPA directory has been Californicated!

No comments: