Thursday, April 14, 2022

Hey, editorial peeps: Avoid Mexico, Missouri, and probably just avoid Westplex Media

 Last week, was looking at LinkedIn, and saw the ME's position for Mexico come up.

I applied when it was open in August, 2020. Job went to somebody else.

I applied again when it opened 14 months later, after publisher and owner Tim Schmidt contacted me first. October 2021, to put it in calendar terms.

And, now, April 2022, it's open again.

After I didn't get it the second time, Schmidt then asked me if I was interested in the ME's position at Moberly, Missouri. I replied by asking him about why I didn't get Mexico the second time, since he had reached out to ME this time, and here he was reaching out again, about another newspaper he owns.

No response.

So, folks, be aware. Yeah, Schmidt may have gotten write-ups in Editor and Publisher and elsewhere. But, I'd avoid him.

No comments: