Thursday, August 10, 2023

When I grow up, I want to ...

 Will a newspaper that I own to an NPR radio station.

Was looking at a recent issue of the Denton paper.

Kicking out all the frequency runs that say "Vote for Me" for the upcoming Best Of special (I ASSUME they're discounted and that Denton businesses aren't dumb enough or vain enough to pay Bill Patterson full price), and adjusting for the number of pages they ate up as well? Less than 25 percent adhole for a paper in a city of nearly 200K that's cut itself to weekly in print. No wonder he wants to get rid of print entirely. But, remember, there's no paywall with KERA running you, when that finalizes.

And, if I were Pilot Point (not that Dave Lewis needs an excuse to go poaching for legal ads), I would consider doing exactly that if Patterson junks print.

No comments: